View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
6spd
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Q50RS
6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Default 09-12 Shocks Vs. 13-14 Euro Tuned Shocks

I recently traded my '09 for a '13. One thing I was curious about was what the "euro-tuned" shocks hype was all about. After driving my old Z 1.5 hours to the dealer and then test driving the '13, I've gotta say, the '13 suspension felt much more flat w/ less body roll. The feeling inspired instant confidence, but at the same time I notice that it was more difficult to sense the limits of traction. This was probably due to unfamiliarity.

After having the car for about a week now and conquering speed bumps, road work, back roads and wet roads, I am very impressed by the change. Not subtle, but not BAM in your face, it left me saying, "this is what I always wanted the stock suspension to feel like."

I'm know there are a few others that switched from the 09-12 to the '13 who can attest to this. I looked around and found nothing comparing the 2 suspensions, so I hope this helps distinguish the differences between the 2.