View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #36 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xtreme1 View Post
So, I was driving back home from dinner with a couple friends last night. I took a toll road late at night, and usually there is no cops during that time of day. Unfortunately, there was a cop just sitting on the right side waiting just for me lol. It was pitch black so I could not see him at all.

He pulls me over, and he quickly comes over and asked me how fast I was going. I wasn't going to lie to him, so I quickly said.."Around 83 or so, I wasn't paying attention"...He then tells me he clocked me at 90 >.<. He was telling me how courts are iffy about such speeds. The whole time I was being polite to him, and he showed the same level of politeness. He then told me how it would suck to get this ticket considering my age and insurance. I told him I should have not been driving that fast and that I normally don't drive that fast. ( I really don't ) I told him I try to be really precocious considering the car and tickets, and insurance etc.

He then went to the front of my car, and noticed I didn't have a front license plate. He asked me If I bought the car use/new and just told me its the law here in SoCal to have a front license plate.

He went to run my insurance and such, and when he came back he told me..
"ok, would you rather fix your front license plate, or get the ticket for speeding"

I said.." I will fix my front plate"

He then just told me to drive safe.

Really nice cop...

The thing now is that...I DON'T WANT TO PUT A FRONT LICENSE PLATE ON MY CAR !

I am in Southern California. Isn't the fine a small fee ? anyone know?
Do I really need to go get the plate and mount it on, or can I just pay the fine?

thanks guys!
to pay next to nothing for the fixit, make sure you install it, otherwise it is going to cost you close to $130 for the ticket if you do not fix it, just find a local street cop to sign off on the ticket and take the signed off ticket to the courthouse and pay them $15

if you have a officer at the courthouse do it, it will cost you $25
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote