View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 02:53 AM   #394 (permalink)
2sl0w
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z Sport
2sl0w is on a distinguished road

At first I was pissed that I had Automatic locks. I prefer to lock my doors to be Manual...

As much as I like to derail derailed threads how about some devils advocate from a tuning perspective. We know 7at is faster than 6mt in the 1/4 mile.

Most of us here have mods that increase our HP/TQ/Acceleration. You would think all 6mt owners that are going for pure speed would jump on the 6mt to 7at conversion with a tunnel vision view of modding for performance.

But we must also remember that when we change things to make the car more powerful it gets more exciting as well . Exhausts, Intakes, Wheels, plenum mods. Some of us pursue HP efficiencies and solid gains other go for noise and excitement. (IE Post maf tubes + dropins and CBE vs SRi's and shorttails).

It is what makes car modding fun. I personally prefer efficient HP production and the experience is secondary as far as bolt on mods. I do not have a loud intake, I have all my noise deadening material etc. BUT I bought a 6mt over an automatic because I enjoy the experience of driving a manual car. It is a more involved process and even if it is slower it is more fun for me. It is a paradox for sure.. always modding for performance but using an antiquated method to shift gears because I enjoy it more. (Similar to people who mod for sound and looks over absolute performance)

If you read all of this then right now your thinking what is this guys point.. and the point is.. stop reading a forum and large walls of text and go enjoy your sports car. Who cares about the transmission choice? At least we get to choose still. <--- This is the point... / thread.

Now go forth and conquer in your sports car in the real world and stick to the important threads like which CAI or exhaust is the best... or nitrogen vs air in tires, or which engine oil and VVEL mesh the best.

TL : DR
Either option is the best depending on the person. The absolute truth is the best transmission is the one we choose because we have a choice.
|| Z1 Intake, SS Lines, Silicone Hoses, Hood Struts, 25 Row Oil Cooler+T.Plate, Two Piece Rotors, Uprev || Motordyne M370 + A.R.T. Pipes + XYZ w/ HFC, Tomei Expreme TI Exhaust, NST, Whiteline Diff Bushings, Nismo Sways, BC BR 12k/10K, SPC F/R Arms, ZSpeed Shroud, Competition Clutch Stage 2 Kit, 20" Advan RSD, White Akebonos by Mike ||

Last edited by 2sl0w; 08-07-2013 at 03:00 AM.
2sl0w is offline   Reply With Quote