View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 04:31 PM   #1212 (permalink)
Arrvaxx
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th F.I. Twin Turbo
Arrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome. Great insight. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
None of the turbo system builders make their own turbos. The turbocharger units are produced by very few manufacturers, most of which are OEM suppliers with extremely high quality control.

Alternately, there are some knock-off turbos out there on eBay and what not. You wouldn't want those. There are also lots of turbocharger mix-masters that mix and match components to compile their own custom brew turbos. Some of them I wouldn't go near, and some of them I would prefer over the OEM version.

This FI kit appears to use Garret turbochargers, with upgraded Tial turbine houses. This is pretty much the top tier for turbochargers.
2010 370Z 40th Anniversary (#480 born 1/19/2010)
Fast Intentions Twin Turbo | Varis Arising II | Limited Edition Recaro Sportster | Tuned by Specialty Z | 604hp 525 torque @14lbs boost on 100 octane
Arrvaxx is offline   Reply With Quote