Thread: Car Decisions
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
fonzo179
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Audi Q5 3.0T
fonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond reputefonzo179 has a reputation beyond repute

Alright, I gotta go in on this one, I can't stay quiet anymore.

1. Even if the driver is young, if they are hell bent on getting the car, they are going to feel like crap getting anything else. I wanted the Pontiac GXP for my first car, but got the Galant instead. Fvck that sh!t.

2. According to a June 8th, 2013 poll by Reuters (sponsored by America Online), most accidents on the road are from drivers age 18-25, NOT 16 yrs old.

3. Sounds like people are getting their morals and values mixed into this forum (which is actually pretty popular for being SUPPORTIVE of Z-Car and Nissan enthusiasts) by saying things like, "...you're too young for such a powerful car." Honestly, if I heard someone say that, I'm thinking, "...I really gotta get it now. Bunch of haters ganging up on me, I'll show them."

4. I think we should support this young man by teaching him good driving habits and precautions when it comes to a high-powered RWD sports car. Chances are pretty good that if he wanted a BRZ, STI, FRS or whatever, he would have joined that forum and NEVER have posted here with us.

5. The high school parking lot issue. Simple deal for me, as I kept the Galant at home. I took the bus to avoid break-ins, burining gas money, and potential for vandalism. People whom didn't even have enemies got their cars trashed. More than enough for me to keep away.

As a learned Political Scientist, survey researcher, and social theoritician it irks me when people prefer to use their personal opinions to directly or indirectly tell someone, "...trust me, you have no idea what you are talking about. I know what you truly want, just sit down and be quiet.". Here's a easy one...did anyone bother to ask this gentlemen if he considers himself a responsible, defensive driver or not?......I didn't think so. Assumptions are an easy go-to.