Thread: Car Decisions
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Brutal 370Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11' MB/Pers/6M/S/Nav
Brutal 370Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
I couldn't disagree with you more. There's a reason accident rates and insurance costs are so high for that age group. They are far more statistically likely to have a problem. It's a simple matter of the lack of miles driven. Inexperienced drivers should not be behind the wheel of fast cars. Just because one or two might make it out the other side without an accident or stupidity does not mean that the vast majority of new drivers don't drive poorly. If I were the OP, I'd present a lower powered, cheaper option to the parents with some kind of deal for a really cool car for a college graduation present. That way they can defer the majority of the cost, and you come off as wise beyond your years. I'd rather be a 22yo with a GTR than a 16yo with a Z.
There's definitely something to be said about this option. Makes logical sense.

I'm just saying that it's do-able for the OP to get his Z now if he's hell bent on it. I had one at that age and never had a problem. But I agree, it wasn't without its issues.