View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recommended Clutch Fluid

In my searching, I have found very little detailed information about different clutch fluids that can be used in the Z. I used ATE Super Blue when I did my brakes recently, and I was planning to use the same to replace my clutch fluid because that's what I did in my previous MT vehicle. However, I was looking at the SS clutch line from Z1 and noticed a bold statement on the page: "Z1 Motorsports ONLY recommends the usage of Motul RBF 600 Brake/Clutch Fluid for 370z/G37 Hydraulic Clutch System."

Z1 370z/G37 Stainless Steel Clutch Line

Can anyone shed some light on this matter for me? It is easier and cheaper for me to use the ATE Super Blue because I will just use some from the open container leftover when I did my brakes. However, I don't have a problem purchasing the Motul along with the SS clutch line if there's a legitimate reason behind it. I know Z1 sells the ATE Super Blue, so I find it interesting that it's not even an option in the Optional Clutch Fluid drop down menu.

Also, this clutch line is coated in red vinyl. I know it doesn't matter because you don't see it, but I am slightly OCD and would like to know if anyone has seen one in black or whether I could change the color myself. I am wondering if I could just paint the line with some high temp paint I have in the garage.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote