View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 02:29 AM   #81 (permalink)
G37sHKS
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 G37S Coupe 7AT
G37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond reputeG37sHKS has a reputation beyond repute

Little history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze View Post
No problem man glad to see you going forward with the project

I really think you should upgrade your housings to reach your goal of 600 whp on high boost with 9:5 CR. With the lower compression it's going to take more boost to make 500 plus WHP and to reach 600 WHP I think the turbos will run out of steam and hit a wall. I say this because two car's I know of that are local and built motor TT have yet to hit 600 whp .

Your in Dubai it's hot you don't want to push the turbos to the limit and blow hot air into the engine your better off making more efficient power with bigger housings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G37sHKS View Post
You really made me consider going for stage 2 housing and called Sam (As i said in OP "your suggestion will be written on my todo list" ) he said that I dont need the stage 2 housing for my goal. Remember that I have 3" downpipe w/ external wastegate + 3" exhaust system.

He said he will post something here soon with details about turbos and etc
Yesterday I had an interesting chat with Mike@GTM regarding the stage two housing and I finally asked for quotation of how much it will cost me overall.

Here what he sent after we close the phone.
Quote:
They are readily available and we can be ready to ship within a few days. That said, since the Stage 2 housings are different, it changes the distance for the recirculating pipes. That means you will need different recirculating pipes specific for the Stage 2 turbos. Right now, you have the ones specific to the Stage 1 turbos and they will not fit. I also checked on these and we have them in stock.
Well.. looks like a great excuse to stay on stage one now
For the price of new recirculating pipes + T25 housing, I prefer to stay on my current setup and just wait and pay a little bit more for T25 Plus housing (If i was not satisfied with the power after everything is done)
G37sHKS is offline   Reply With Quote