View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi90210 View Post
Someone who is driving with VDC on and VDC isn't cutting in means he is driving properly.
Knowing this statement to be true, I was still amazed at how true it was when I drove my Z on the track for the first time. That being said, I don't mind a little wheel spin now and again and I leave VDC off for the most part. The only time it kicks in is the rare occasion when I have forgotten to turn it off.

In the rain I always leave VDC on, and I have had several incidents where I lost traction, whether due to road condition, other drivers, or even that one time where I got stuck out in the rain on damn near bald tires on my way to Discount Tire. VDC and ABLS are doing their best, but they can only correct for so much. There is no substitute for experience - I have practiced evasive maneuvers in huge empty parking lots during the rain more than once. You don't want that first big mistake to be too big.

BTW, I believe ABLS (IIRC, Active Limited Braking System) is still active even with VDC off. It can easily be overcome with medium throttle.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote