View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBro16 View Post
This car with 300hp and turbocharged from the factory with backing from companies like Cobb would absolutely decimate the little remaining sales of the 370Z.

Quite honestly, if it is turbocharged with 250hp and still comes in around 2800lbs dry, I'm getting rid of my Z for one.

I understand the stigma that comes with the owner groups of certain cars, but you would have to respect the BRZ, what it does, and what it's done (doing) for the segment - driving competition. We have yet to see Nissan's true response, whether it comes in the form of a Z or a spiritual successor to the S-Chassis.
With FI you're now looking at near or over 3000lbs. Subaru weight reduction would probably add a minimum of $3k.to the msrp. But if this cheap-quality mobile is going to cost $37,000 or more due to a stock turbo and weight reduction? Personally I'd hold out till I see the Z35.