View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #81 (permalink)
damian_mb
Base Member

Drives: 12 370z / 13 WRX
damian_mb is just really nicedamian_mb is just really nicedamian_mb is just really nicedamian_mb is just really nicedamian_mb is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBro16 View Post
Ok - I'll be the d!ck.

Fix it yourself out of pocket. I don't want my insurance rates going up because the risk pool for the 370Z got that much worse from people doing stupid crap on the street in it. The GT-Rs insurance rates have doubled since they came out based on things like this - the more an insurance company takes a loss on a particular vehicle, the higher the rates get for everyone that owns one, regardless of driving record.

It's also the reason why the 350Z is more expensive to insure for me than a 370Z - things like this.

There's a reason you do things like this on a track and not on the street where there are curbs and other cars and pedestrians. I'm not going all elitist and saying I never did anything risky while on the street, but I got all that out of my system when I was putting myself through school driving a cavalier, not while working in my late 20s driving a Z. You can bet that by the time I'm responsible for an 18 year old about to go to college, the temptation to do stupid things will be far smaller than the miniscule amount I currently experience.

My VDC has never been turned off in any of my Nissans while on the street. I don't have to prove anything to any of my friends either. Half of them drive trucks and would lose bowel control with me on a track anyway.

Keep that crap off the streets. And buy a Corolla. It's sad that your 18 year old son has more sense than you do. Showing up here for sympathy wasn't the best thing either, but hey - I didn't laugh, right? Take it as a wake up call.
I agree, hence why my 13 WRX costs more to insure than my Z.
damian_mb is offline   Reply With Quote