View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #458 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Not sure that will be possible, because there are sensors on the transmission for those with SRM that help make it work. Would be interesting if it could be done via software.
I remember reading an Edmunds report that said the SRM is all "ones and zeros" and does not include any additional hardware. It seems like most everything that would be needed would already be available from the ECU, like speed and gear and such. The only sensor I can think of would be the one that anticipates what gear you're shooting for when move the shift knob while in neutral.

I can see the thread now: "How many of you sport package owners are because base models can upgrade to SRM now"

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote