View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #2719 (permalink)
simota1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: solid red 370z 6mt
simota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond reputesimota1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr&Mrs View Post
Yep im fine thanks man. The damaged was actually caused by the grass being 3ft tall. It was a curb less median. The guy pulled out of a parking lot ( I swear he looked right at me ) and came right at me. Natural instinct made me avoid the accident, only place I had to go was the median. I slammed on my brakes but I wasn’t stopping quick enough so I went into the median, it was the only choice, besides him T-Boning me.

The grass was so thick I almost got stuck. I really didn’t even think anything was damaged. I lost him in the mix of things then pulled over to check it out. The grass caused a plowing effect and popped both corners of the front bumper out where it meets the fenders, and cracked the lip all the way through just off dead center towards the driver’s side. Small chip of paint/fiberglass gel coat came off drivers side of the bumper.

Damage really isn’t that bad thank god, but that parts are so rare and take forever to get. Bumper can be fixed with ease, lip has to be new.

I called the Cops they said since the guy didn’t hit me they can’t do anything. My insurance told me the best I could do is get my deductible back if I got a court order for the video tapes from the McDonalds he almost hit me in front of. Problem is my rates would still go up because I had an "accident" by hitting tall grass......so im just paying for it myself.

As my motto says Live in Learn in the future im going to close my eyes and let the tard hit me. This has happened hundreds of times in my life so far driving but never had damage. Now that I know how it works the Laws are so stupid, at least in Florida.

Thanks

Sorry SIM didnt mean to derail your thread! I will now
that is insane dude!!!! im glad your ok... i know what you mean with stupid drivers though.... there are plenty of them out here... some like to tail my butt when im driving and plenty of people here have the WORST depth perception they always try to fit there cars into the damn lane when it aint gonna happen

and dont worry about derailing

***TOP SECRET/POWERHOUSE AMUSE/ARC/DAYTONA RACING/VARIS/MINES/GANADOR/J-LINE/WORK EMOTION CR KAI/GT SPEC/CARBON SIGNAL/ZOOM ENGINEERING/ CARBON FIBER ELEMENT/STILLEN/***
simota1 is offline   Reply With Quote