View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
Arrvaxx
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th F.I. Twin Turbo
Arrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond repute

You mean 300lbs after the decreases you likely saw with the bolt-on.

And I'm curious why you have to 'feel' the difference. 40hp (if we're talking to the wheels) is 15% (if I use 250hp to the wheels as stock) increase. You also shed some weight in the process.

I find it hard to believe that the combination didn't have some kind of effect. I've always heard that racing, be it drag or track, is about shaving tenths off a time...that would do it.

SPOHN I'm curious what's behind your question. Are you happy with your car with FI? I'm trying to understand why after going FI with one you didn't go right to it with the next. ...great thread by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
I couldn't feel any difference after I did full bolt-ons and tune compared to stock. Really didn't feel any faster(louder yes!).... Now what made a huge difference was when I shed about 300lbs off the car. Then it was like night and day.
2010 370Z 40th Anniversary (#480 born 1/19/2010)
Fast Intentions Twin Turbo | Varis Arising II | Limited Edition Recaro Sportster | Tuned by Specialty Z | 604hp 525 torque @14lbs boost on 100 octane
Arrvaxx is offline   Reply With Quote