View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default How Dumb I Was Again. Wasting Money on NA Parts

I got to thinking as I did before with my 350Z and now my 370Z.Why do I and we waste money on our NA platforms that only net HP levels that are really not felt (IMO). To spend all this money to only be half way to a real HP gain in the world of FI.

NA Setup

Headers-$700-1200
CAI $400-500
TP's/ HFC's $300-600
Exhaust $800-1800
Tune $600
Installation $0-1600+

Total $2800-6300

This is what is could cost depending on actual products and experience of installing such products. Now things like the tune and maybe the exhaust are a wash (can run stock on FI kit) for you would have to have this for a FI kit anyways. Not to play favorites, but GTM's new MHI TT kit (turn key) is only $5600. So if you eliminate the headers, CAI, TP's/ HFC's, and maybe exhaust (cause not a must have at first) you come out to 50 to 75% the cost of a FI kit. That's not including the install obviously. But the tune is included in a turn key kit.

Just some food for thought. I know I have wasted plenty on NA setup's just to go FI twice. Never again in the future.