Thread: DIY cai?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
The stock air box is mounted on rubber and can move and the OEM accordion post tubes have a great deal of movement. The stillen also uses no bracket so I fail to see the issue. "If" and its a big one, if it causes issues the Z1 post tubes are stiff as **** and will make it just as hard and no different than the Stillen's.
I did the exact same thing and found that the vibrations make a huge difference on the dyno.

The airboxes don't move around nearly as much as you think relative to having nothing clamping the intakes down.

Take it to the dyno and see for yourself... I've got no problem with being proven wrong...

On a related note: I have the MAF bases cut from the airbox (i.e., plastic tube with base) and would happily sell them to you if you don't want to cut your airbox up. PM me if you want them. I can provide pics if you want too.

Last edited by Jordo!; 08-03-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote