View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #49 (permalink)
chrischhorn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Juke Nismo RS
chrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
It would be very hard to prove. The impact that eventually caused it to snap could very well have been a long time ago, and it slowly weakened over time eventually cracking all the way through. Or it could be a casting defect. To prove it conclusively enough to get some kind of compensation you would most likely have to send it to a company that does materials analysis and see if they would do something like that. I've got a buddy who works for an oil and gas related destructive testing company, and it's the kind of thing they do but usually on a much larger scale for a much larger price tag.
exactly. I'm better off just paying the $500 deductible and getting her back on the road. I'll be approaching Nissan with it but doubt it'll go kuvh farther. USAA has also decided on their end its not worth it for them either. At least at this point in time

R.I.P. 8/01/13 1SlowZ
One day I'll have another....
chrischhorn is offline   Reply With Quote