View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 03:18 AM   #252 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Ok, so if replacing the rotors and pads again works, what do we think happened? I know you've spoken well about the techs there, but are you sure they were being installed properly? Did you see them doing the work, or are you just going by what the service department told you?
No, I sleep all day. I didn't watch them, but multiple dealerships collaborated. Both gtr techs in the area made it their pet project and measured everything with tq wrenches and micrometers and feelers. I was told. Did they lie? Possible, but I did not detect it.

Nissan is cutting me a check for the pads and rotors.

At freeway speeds I am now getting some wheel shake, although minor, I can see the wheel dance from gentle 70mph stops. That is how it began last time. I'm done.

Dealer will turn the rotors on their dime when its an issue and ill trade out of the piece of **** in another 10k miles or so when the '15 brz drops.

Oh, Nissan slashed msrp of the 2014 touring models by over $2500. Thanks Nissan. Your piece of **** is now devalued from multiple angles.

First and last Nissan. Ever. **** this noise, I've got much more fun things to burn my time and money on. It is an expensive lesson in how shitty Nissan is about retaining value, though.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote