Thread: St louis
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #2513 (permalink)
Jerggy13
Track Member

Drives: with 6 TB's
Jerggy13 has a reputation beyond reputeJerggy13 has a reputation beyond reputeJerggy13 has a reputation beyond reputeJerggy13 has a reputation beyond reputeJerggy13 has a reputation beyond reputeJerggy13 has a reputation beyond reputeJerggy13 has a reputation beyond reputeJerggy13 has a reputation beyond reputeJerggy13 has a reputation beyond reputeJerggy13 has a reputation beyond reputeJerggy13 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the mods for the Z have been on the back burner for a while as we have been working on the house quite a bit. After refinishing two bathrooms last year, this spring I pulled up the vinyl flooring in the kitchen and installed temple gray marble. It turned out awesome but made the carpet in the living room look like crap. About a month ago I pulled up the carpet in the living room, hallway, and stairs in one night of furious cursing at nail strips and carpet staples.

I found our oak flooring was in pretty rough shape and the stairs were even worse. Many of treads were broken and previous attempts to fix them included screws long enough to go through a 6"x6".

So I rebuilt the stairs leading to the door with new oak treads and risers and then rebuilt the posts and banisters. We then had the floors refinished and I finished the project with the iron balusters. All in all it came our really nice.

Here are some pics of the finished product, I will try to find some before pictures also.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0731131805a.jpg (70.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 0731131808.jpg (66.5 KB, 8 views)
Jerggy13 is offline   Reply With Quote