View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #378 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Here's a better litmus test: if the 370Z came in a DCT version for the same money, would you take it? Some people would still choose the manual because they enjoy working the clutch and like the nostalgia of the skill of driving a manual (in which case I'd assume they turn *off* SRM all the time as well, right?). That's a valid choice, for all the right reasons. But if you'd rather have a DCT than a 6MT, you're missing out by not picking up the 7AT. For all practical purposes, there's just not much difference there. Our torque converter's lockup capabilities are pretty impressive, and the shift times are fast under load. Importantly, it also stays in gear. You can bounce the rev limiter all day if you want. It's not perfect, but it's way good enough.
/thread

We should use this for all our 7AT vs M6 debates