View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #1225 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmogirl View Post
At this point I just want to finish this project but it seems a 3 inch exhaust is near impossible to get. For you guys going with the 3'gtm downpipes be aware this will not work with any of the 2 1/2 exhaust unless you have an exhaust shop weld in a reducer. The flanges will not mate up due to the difference in size and the bolt holes.. I love my gtm kit and praise gtm for all of their hard work put into this kit btw...( I know Iam no where near as good as spohn with the brown nosing but I am sincere)....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzel View Post
Wouldn't it be pointless to get 3' downpipes just to reduce it to 2.5? At the same time would it be beneficial if it was the other way around say 2.5 to 3"

Sent with TapAhoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alstann View Post
Where did you see that the exhaust flanges will not line up?

It may not be a smooth transition, but I believe you can bolt any exhaust to the 3in DP.
It depends on the exhaust/ flanges. I have a Greddy TI-C which is a 70mm or 2 3/4''. I'm not positive but a friend of mine that has experience with GTM kits and has done several lately that in my case the 3'' downpipes will work with the Greddy kit unless GTM hs done something different lately. If not I'll make it work. I know in the 350Z days there were tons of GTM TT kits with Greddy TI-C exhaust combo's.

Last edited by SPOHN; 08-02-2013 at 08:26 AM.