View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #33 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwnshift View Post
It's the man hours,material and extensive machining that goes into them. Anyone that has seem them up close .. can appreciate the detail work... They are extremely light weight .. And extremely durable.
The parts that we use are spec'd to very precise tolerances.
Initially we did look at putting in lesser quality parts... Different spehericals, less machine work..but felt in the end.. that isn't what we are about. And truthfully they wouldn't last in the environment that we use them in.
They are the exact arms we race with on the RC.
Put it this way... If they were that easy and cheap to make... There would be plenty of companies making them.
Lesser quality as in material used is not a bad thing when compared to your actual material you guys are using. If might not be as strong but I'm sure there are materials cheaper and will hold up to the abuse we basic track guys do. If your arms are a 10 and SPL is a 5, make a arm that ranks at a 8. We all can't have a GTR but a 370z is a super great substitute. Same principle.

Spl has a good arm in itself. The bushing and the actual adjustment is sloppy in design. But it works. So my point and what I wonder if you guys did make a arm in the same design with less cost material but still strong (might be heavier),different sphericals, and the machine work could maybe stay the same I think you guys could easily have a great product for half the cost or even seventy five percent.