Thread: pedals
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Chupacabra
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z s M6
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Default pedals

well, my 370 does not have the touring package, so i have these gay looking plastic pedals which annoy me. Anyways, I want metal pedals, and have looked around but all I find are those slip over covers, you can buy a pepboys, and well hell no.

So question, has anyone taken appart the pedal assembly yet? If I can get the pedals out, I can run dimensions on it, have a CAD model, and send it over to the CNC, and get the pedals fully machined. Similar to this:

mounted top side obviously, Just need to get the damn pedal out to take measurements, maybe even do the accelerator pedal in aluminum.

so if anyone has any info it would be appreciated.

edit: yeah I just took a good look, they are metal, with a rubber pad, but have a funky tiwst to get them to their position. Maybe just taking of the rubber, and instead placing a aluminum pad, would be a nice solution. Should be very easy to do for the accelerator, and just use, selftapping screws.

Last edited by Chupacabra; 01-26-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote