View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFZ View Post
Even on the surfaces that arent touched by the pad. If you track it a once or just get the brakes hot enough, it will peel and flake off. That's what happened to mine and they were brand new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0velMan View Post
This is also true.
That's not necessarily true. I painted the hats, slots and holes with high temp paint (actually Rustoleum BBQ paint), and it's held up for over seven months now including two all-day track days.

I actually did it after the rotors were installed. Simply try to be neat, let the paint fully dry and then the first few applications of the brakes will clean the swept area and leave a perfect cut line.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim
gurneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote