View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #48 (permalink)
darli328
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
darli328 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
yah, lots of high spot distortion. but that's probably the best you can do without drilling via pdr especially on decorative lines. as long as you're happy with it that's wat matters.

btw, that amount of high spots means you got missing paint in the inner quarter panel where the tool pushed unless the tech touch it up for you. so you have exposed metal which is no different than drilling. at least with drilling, most techs will seal it using silicone before plugging it...and with a usable access hole, the tech will have direct access to the dent so he would do much less guessing... ie much less high spot distortion.
Yeah, I figured that's the best I'm going to get without drilling and/or repainting. I'm not 100% happy with it but I'm more happy now than I was with the dent so I guess that's what matters and I just need to learn to live with it.

Btw, I'm guessing my only real option now would be to have it sanded/painted? Just curious, with my luck I'll get more damage on the same panel in the future.
darli328 is offline   Reply With Quote