View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dsphoto
Base Member

Drives: 10 BC 370ZR S/T M6
Dsphoto is on a distinguished road
Default Update and rant about Nissan customer service

So the story now ends. Nissan has installed 3 tops on my car. The first install was performed by dealer technicians and the fit was horrible. The second was installed at a local upolstery shop, the dealer contracted them to do the install...again, terrible fit (see original photos). The third top was installed by a specalty shop (again under contract by the dealer) resulting in another terrible fit. I would not accept delivery of the car. The shop adjusted the top so now it is symmetrical but there is still some rippling around the rear window and the weather stripping at the fold point has unglued itself. Nissan has clearly stated that they will not do any more work on my top. I find this MOST disturbing that the factory will not stand behind thier repair. They said that the imperfections on the install will not effect performance of the part, this is true. The issues are 100% cosmetic. I will reglue the weather strip myself (if you want a job done right do it yourself) and will have to live with the slight rippling around the rear window.
If I didn't love this car I would dump it, and Nissan for ever. This is the third Z I have owned and the 7th Nissan. It is most unfortunate that Nissan's extremely poor customer service has pushed me away from the brand in general. My next car will be either a 911 or RS5 vert as I am NEVER going to chance a situation like this again.

If you have a 370Z vert and the top is discolored, my strong recommendation is to live with it. Better yet...don't buy it in the first place. Other than the top this car is awesome. THe issue is that if a problem arises which the dealer can't properly rectify, Nissan corporate will give up trying after a few attempts. Not acceptable. In my opinion, a $45k car with a cosmetic defect which is covered by the new car warranty should be brought back to the original factory condition...period. I may be picky about my car (not may...I am) but it is up to the company to restore the vehicle under the warranty. I will post pics later.

78 Z1R, '08 ZX10R, 2010 BC Roadster S/T, 6M, Stillen G2 CAI, Invidia CBE, Berk test pipes, Painted headlights (180˚Custom), JDM rear fog, B&M short shifter, Stillen front plate mount, stubby antenna, setrab oil cooler, uprev. 337rwhp 254ft/lb corrected!
Dsphoto is offline   Reply With Quote