View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 01:14 AM   #712 (permalink)
ChipsWithDips
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '11 Gunmetal 370Z MT
ChipsWithDips has a spectacular aura aboutChipsWithDips has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
I bought one of those Evo2 batteries referenced earlier btw. Planning to stick it back in the stock battery box, once I figure out some mounting and wiring solutions.
Just gonna copy and paste this from a PM I responded to a while ago asking about my setup:

The mounting was a bit of a pain for me, I don't do a lot of fabrication like that, but I was able to make a new battery tray out of stainless steel sheet metal and foam that the battery was packed in and zip ties. Its hard to explain, heh. Here is a small photo album, it duplicated some of the pics for some reason Ballistic Performance EVO2 16cell battery in 370Z - Imgur

Another issue I didn't realize until after I had made the new tray was that there is a white plastic wiring conduit that goes under the battery tray, but it actually sits higher than the mounting points for the tray. The stock tray has bumps where it mounts so that it can clear this piece. I ended up just throwing some little wood shims under my tray so I could clear that which you can just see poking out in the pic.

I had to extend the battery cables since the battery sits so much lower and the stock cables don't have a lot of slack. I got cables from this guy and they are really great quality for the price I think.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-AWG-Custom...:X:RTQ:US:1123
I got one foot each of red and black wire in 6awg, with 1/4" terminal lugs.
PPE Headers SS/Coated/Wrapped | Ebay y-pipe | Custom 3" single exhaust w/ Magnaflows | UpRev | Racingbrake 2pc Rotors | 40th calipers | Eibach sways | SPL endlinks, diff mounts | RJM pedal | Stillen Intakes, UDP, Flywheel | M370 Manifold | Z1 engine mounts, CSC-EK, Clutch | Forgestar F14 18x10 | Conti DWs | Quaife diff/4.08 gears | Nismo diff cover

Last edited by ChipsWithDips; 07-31-2013 at 01:17 AM.
ChipsWithDips is offline   Reply With Quote