View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
chrischhorn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Juke Nismo RS
chrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Killer View Post
I just hear you have to shift a lot more when driving in the city, where I live 55 is on the highway and everywhere else is 35-45 so I just wonder if that will be a pain in the ***, hence I am hesitant to go 4.08 gears.
Here in Hawaii, the highest speed limit is 60. Most is 55 and in towns most is 25.... I honestly take off from 2nd gear pretty often due to the short gearing. It feels just like taking off in 1st before hand. Usually at 35, I don't even leave 4th gear. Especially if there are frequent stop lights. An upgraded LSD is awesome. Launching from a dig is magnificent now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstroudwku View Post
Well that's significantly different than mine. I commute 75miles one way in all highway. I avg 30ish mpg, so to drop 5-8mpg would add up in fuel costs rather quickly. However, I agree the hookup with an LSD is significantly better. Still haven't taken the plunge. I spend so much time fixing other Nissans all day I never have time to do anything but basic maintenance to mine.

Mileage is achieved through the mods listed and ignition timing adjusted by a few degrees advance on base.
i was lucky if I was averaging above 22mpg before the gears. This is mixed city and highway driving though averaged basically after 2 full tanks. Pure highway, I'm still over 26mpg but obviously its hard to get 2 full tanks worth to average. Oil does run hotter so if you don't have an oil cooler, its definitely recommended since my average temps were around 200 before and now around 215 after a while of cruising at 70mph. I have a 2012 with the factory crap cooler.

R.I.P. 8/01/13 1SlowZ
One day I'll have another....
chrischhorn is offline   Reply With Quote