View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #13 (permalink)
V8Killer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: It Hard Till It Pops
V8Killer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischhorn View Post
Define rough? At 70 mph with the 6MT, sitting right at 3k RPMS. About 400rpms higher. Depending how long your commute is, I guess it could hurt but my MPG really hasn't dropped much. Still averaging over 20mpg. My trip to work is only about 15 miles and its all highway. I'm happy with them, course it took 2 1/2 months to finally get it right but hopefully your installer will be more competent. The traction with an LSD is just amazing compared to an open diff (I have base model). The acceleration is VERY obvious with the 4.08 gears.
I just hear you have to shift a lot more when driving in the city, where I live 55 is on the highway and everywhere else is 35-45 so I just wonder if that will be a pain in the ***, hence I am hesitant to go 4.08 gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstroudwku View Post
Well that's significantly different than mine. I commute 75miles one way in all highway. I avg 30ish mpg, so to drop 5-8mpg would add up in fuel costs rather quickly. However, I agree the hookup with an LSD is significantly better. Still haven't taken the plunge. I spend so much time fixing other Nissans all day I never have time to do anything but basic maintenance to mine.

Mileage is achieved through the mods listed and ignition timing adjusted by a few degrees advance on base.
Ya I am still sitting on the fence for an upgraded lsd, I have read that it will help me for my application of the drag strip.

Too much to list and a baby shot of nitrous....
V8Killer is offline   Reply With Quote