View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 10:38 AM   #242 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
I thought you were comparing MSRP pricing on a 2013 vs a 2014 Z? So you have to think what the rate was back then to what it is now when they set the price.

2013 - MSRP $33,120. When they announced the pricing back in 2013, Yen was 78/1

2014 - MSRP $29,990 Yen is now 98/1

I'm just saying why not wait and see what the 2014 pricing/option changes would be like before getting a 2013? As a consumer I would be knowing full well that a 2014 was coming since they announced a 2014 Nismo way back in March/April. Why not wait and see? If you like the changes go get a 2014, if you didn't like the changes get a 2013.

Wait...but I think you said you leased it right? I read on this forum that leasing this car is a bad idea for whatever reasons it was, I don't recall. So, maybe that's why you're so upset.

Anyway, seems like we'll all just agree to disagree here.
Ok I get the yen thing. Not enough knowledge to comment but waiting a whole year to drop the price is to long. The price should have already dropped 6 months ago and I'd be in the car for the right price. As a guy said earlier that's owns a business or something, they do it every 6 months. Nissan should have dropped the price or rebated the 13's 6 months before the release price of the 14's, period!

I didn't wait because I've never seen such a thing! Every car and bike I've ever owned has increased in price year to year, never dropped!!!! 1000cc jap bikes used to be $10k, now we're hitting $15k and every two years is a redesign. WRX is the same thing, 2 years turn around with a price jack of about $500. I didn't wait because history proves its self in my eyes.

Everyone is wrong about leasing! You always lease and I've proved that today!!!! My car will be worth dog **** and I have the option not to buy it. When the lease is up I give it back! All you buyers are f'ed without a rebate. If the cars value went up and not down I'd buy it and sell it for a profit, lease wins again. Cheaper monthly payment, lease wins. Before all this happened with what I'd have to pay for a lease then buy it vs. just buying it, id of paid like $2000 more, but $380 a month vs. $650 a month is worth spending $2000 more over the life of the loan because I can't afford $650 a month for 5 years!!

Last edited by synolimit; 07-29-2013 at 10:41 AM.