View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 12:48 AM   #217 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvitdk View Post
That's not the way I understand. It is the customers choice to purchase a 13 or 14 model year if the dealer does not drop the price. But they did not get a refund on already sold 2013 cars.

There has to be a price adjustment cut off date, it's in every industry and if it is exchange rate related, you don't adjust on a ongoing basis. In our company we evaluate our products on a 6 month basis and sometimes in between if the economical situation calls for it. We than set a date, usually a quarter to adjust the price, and yes it can go up and down. Agreed, usually it goes up due to material and payroll increases, but either way, how else would you do it. If you increase the price you upset people who are just in the process of placing an order but came a week too late, if you lower it, you piss everyone off who purchased a week too soon.

Just keep your car for the next 5 Years and the difference will be a couple of hundreds, if at all on resale value, and smile every time you push the pedal to the medal. :-)

Sent via Tapatalk
I can't keep my car! That's the problem. Nissan wants $21,000 for it in August 2016. A 2014 370z in October 2016 will be worth $18,000. I cannot keep my car because I don't feel like getting fisted in my ***. You're crazy if you think it will be a couple hundred in 5 years.