View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KERMIT View Post
Umm, I don't know if you know what slip angle means...

Also, what he meant was that the car was more predictable at higher slip angles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxGrwu0wqv8
I know exactly what it means, it was the original reason why Firestone made low profile tires for racing with Chaparral.

But saying "the car likes slip angle" isn't the same as more predictable at higher slip angles. And I believe the magic number is 6 degrees, you don't want higher (or lower for that matter) and you can lower the slip angle with tires with more rigid sidewalls, so, don't say the CAR likes the slip angle, say I like that these tires flex to give me more of a slip angle... (Although I have NO IDEA why you'd necessarily like more)