Thread: MAZOC Firearms
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #2049 (permalink)
ZCarMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34, 13 F-150
ZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux View Post
Did you guys see palmetto state armory has complete ar-15s WITH aimpoints for 999 this weekend only? those optics are around 400+, leaving the rifle itself around 600. Not too shabby if you ask me.

I like to build my own rifles (better parts, cheaper in the long run), and even I would have a little trouble (these days) with making an AR for 600. If I didn't have more AR-15s than I know what to do with, I'd be all over this deal.

I had a chance to play with a Tavor. The platform has a lot of potential. I did not like the trigger though (I own a Steyr AUG clone and I am very familiar with bullpup triggers). I've seen them polish up the sears, but you're limited in how much improvement can be made on the stock trigger pack. I'd like to see Timney or Geisselle come out with a match grade trigger. I understand the platform is very recent to the market and it's a little early to be asking for match grade triggers just yet.

As for wait times from MSP, do a little research and you'll find FFL's in the area are releasing firearms after 8, 14, and 30 days (depending on which ffl you go to).

What I'm really curious about is if after October 1st, can you buy an AR as a pistol (for those not savvy, an AR pistol is any barrel length ar-15 [to include barrels shorter than 16"] but it's missing the stock so it "can't" be shoulder fired [AR pistols are also not banned by SB281]), submit your form 1 to the ATF and after it returns, make it an SBR. I know some people say that MSP could designate that "manufacture" of a rifle after SB281 goes into effect, but it could be a tricky (and kinda expensive) loophole.
Yeah, I jumped on that very same PSA deal when it was first offered last month. Can't beat it really. You are getting an AR-15 for about $599.00

As for the Tavor trigger, there is a simple mod that MAC has already provided in a write up and also a video. Its ridiculously easy. Just remove the trigger return spring which takes a total of about 5 minutes if that much and the problem is resolved. Here is the write up and video link: 5 Minute Tavor Trigger Job | The Bang Switch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dizuRNL0HIs

Also, IWI has indicated on their FB page that several companies are currently working on trigger mods for those who want a tack driver.

As far as the AR pistol, I believe you are correct that they are not banned after 1 October. I'm not sure as to correct answer for what you are asking about for converting though. I'd recommend heading over to Maryland Shooters and asking that there. I'm pretty sure if the answer isn't already in one of the many threads on SB281, it will be quickly answered.

Last edited by ZCarMan; 07-28-2013 at 07:49 PM.
ZCarMan is offline   Reply With Quote