View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 06:56 PM   #54 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volk Z View Post
Amsoil signtature series. 5W30. You asked about weight the starting weight is just the beginning weight the 2nd number is what it goes to after its warmed up so the weight would be the recommended oil 5w30 unless you have a turbo on there then a heavier weight may be needed (I.e 5w40)
I run the K&N oil filter it has a hex head so when you take it off its super easy. I coupled that with a magnetic add on that clips to the filter to keep all metal shavings in the filter and a Greddy magnetic drain plug.

Amsoil is the first in synthetics and I use in all my cars engines, transmissions and differentials. Google amsoil vs *any oil brand* and you will see it annihilates the competition.
while the "series" might change, this has been a good rule of thumb for awhile. from best to worst starting points of oils...(not all shown). oil reports will tell what "annihilates" the competition.

The best base stock is Polyol-ester (Redline & Motul)

Next best is Di-ester (Royal Purple, Amsoil, Neo)

Next is Polyolefin polyamine (Mobil 1)

Next is Hydrocracked (Syntec, Valvoline)

And finally, regular dyno oils.