Thread: MAZOC Firearms
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #2048 (permalink)
Crux
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z 7AT
Crux will become famous soon enough

Did you guys see palmetto state armory has complete ar-15s WITH aimpoints for 999 this weekend only? those optics are around 400+, leaving the rifle itself around 600. Not too shabby if you ask me.

I like to build my own rifles (better parts, cheaper in the long run), and even I would have a little trouble (these days) with making an AR for 600. If I didn't have more AR-15s than I know what to do with, I'd be all over this deal.

I had a chance to play with a Tavor. The platform has a lot of potential. I did not like the trigger though (I own a Steyr AUG clone and I am very familiar with bullpup triggers). I've seen them polish up the sears, but you're limited in how much improvement can be made on the stock trigger pack. I'd like to see Timney or Geisselle come out with a match grade trigger. I understand the platform is very recent to the market and it's a little early to be asking for match grade triggers just yet.

As for wait times from MSP, do a little research and you'll find FFL's in the area are releasing firearms after 8, 14, and 30 days (depending on which ffl you go to).

What I'm really curious about is if after October 1st, can you buy an AR as a pistol (for those not savvy, an AR pistol is any barrel length ar-15 [to include barrels shorter than 16"] but it's missing the stock so it "can't" be shoulder fired [AR pistols are also not banned by SB281]), submit your form 1 to the ATF and after it returns, make it an SBR. I know some people say that MSP could designate that "manufacture" of a rifle after SB281 goes into effect, but it could be a tricky (and kinda expensive) loophole.
Crux is offline   Reply With Quote