View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
mnradtech
Base Member

Drives: Honda
mnradtech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iissmart View Post
Cool! Maybe we'll cross paths some day. I had to buy out of state too. Ended up getting one from Texas through AutoNation Nissan Lewisville | Lewisville New & Used Nissan Dealer serving Dallas, Flower Mound & Carrollton Texas , though I was pretty disappointed by their customer service and wouldn't recommend them. What I would try is, once you find an out of state dealer that has the one you want, go to a local dealer here and have them buy it for you from them. Tell the local dealer you'll get it serviced by them for some motivation (even if you won't). I paid $700 to have it shipped up to me, which is less than the destination fee from the manufacturer ($790).

Keep in mind that 2014s are right around the corner, and even though Nissan didn't drop the price of the Nismo model, you should be able to drive down the price by applying some logic and reasoning to their recent price drop on the base model.
So if I purchase new out of state, will the dealer charge me destination fee? It sounds to me you just pay shipping and was able to avoid destination fee.
mnradtech is offline   Reply With Quote