View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #249 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Glad to hear its working right so far. I'm just baffled as to how a new set of pads and rotors fixed the issue. You've tried that several times already. What was done differently this time?
Not sure if it's fixed. I got a slight shake on the freeway this morning. I'm not sure if it was bad pavement, or the beginning of the same issue. This is how it happened last time. I've been driving it gently, never getting the rotors too hot to touch for at LEAST a few seconds right after getting out of the car. The "break in texture ridges (like a freznal lens)" are still very present on the new rotors. I'll know in another few hundred miles, I think. It's not enough to notice if I weren't hypersensetive to it, but this is how it started every time before, being unure if shake, or just road surface, but it only does it when brakes are applied and I'm hoping it's just the wheel reacting to more weight up front with a bit of brake on uneven road, but that sounds wishful.

I'll give it a few hundred more before I contact the dealer again (spoke with them for follow-up and thanks for their hard work and going to bat for me at 300 miles, they think the issue will happen again as does Nissan's area rep from what they told me. I'm hoping not, but...)
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote