View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #177 (permalink)
bghoward
Base Member

Drives: 2012 370z 6MT+Sport
bghoward is on a distinguished road

Guys, who actually paid msrp? Anyone? Didn't think so. How many of you 13 owners actually paid MORE then the new msrp? Chill out.

The new price mostly reflects the market price of the car anyway. I bought a 2012 base + sport msrp $36k paid $33k. Should I be pissed that they dropped the price to $33k? It's what I paid so no, I'm not. My guess is that no one is getting $3k below msrp on the 14's. Also I got 0% APR, I'm not sure if they are doing that for the 2014

The price was lowered partly because of the yen, and partly because they couldn't sell them at the price they wanted anyway.

Notice that the higher priced models had no change at all, a touring model used to be the same price as a base+sport, now it's a $2k premium. Seriously $5k more than a base! The nismo is now $13k?!! over the base model! They know the demographics, those models appeal to those who are less price sensitive and the sporty models are priced for younger enthuists who are looking at FRS or mustang 5.0s.

Be happy with what you have. Don't let today change the outlook you had yesterday.