View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #143 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Italy3541 & Infidel. I have a '13 also, paid $37,000 otd for 6 mt, base w/sport and yes, to see the newer model year come out $4k lower is eye opening. But to blame Nissan is a bit overboard.

Here's the reality. Before the Japanese government decided to print more yen. The yen was trading at approximately 77 yen to the US dollar. The yen is now trading at 98 yen to the US dollar. So our US dollar buys a lot more today from Japan than it did 6 months ago, thus the price drop. Is that such a bad thing?

Nissan had to make a price drop, because all of the competing automakers in Japan will be lowering their prices as well. If Nissan doesn't lower theirs, where would that leave Nissan?

Was our timing good, on purchasing the Z? Maybe/maybe not. Because Italy, you mention constant buying and selling of your cars. If you were like me, you would have had to sell a car to buy the Z. I sold a G35 Coupe to buy the Z. If I had held the G35 till this year and sold it to buy a 14Z, I would have most likely received a lot less for it. Buyers on the borderline can buy new vs used cars now with the lower pricing, thus lowering the demand/value of our used cars. Plus my car would have been a year older and depreciated even more. So I'm okay with this as this price adjustment, as this is just how our worldwide economy works.

But if you guys feel the need to go after Nissan, have at it. You guys may just get me some bonus credits from Nissan