View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
COSMO
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 Touring GTM TT
COSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ambient Temperature Research with Force Induction

After doing much research on ways to cool my TT 370z I thought I might share some findings. For starters I have the app Torque and have set it up to monitor several things on my car and one of them being the air intake temperature. My car is a touring with the sport package and a GTM Stage II TT. After logging and monitoring many trips in my car I noticed the ambient temperature and the air intake temps were right at 10% meaning what ever the outside air was the air intake temp would run 10% hotter. That being said I had an idea of trimming the plastic piece of the front bumper which is about 4 inches total in height so more air could be more effective of the intercooler. Doing that alone made a 5% difference from the ambient temps and the air intake temps. No biggie right..!! Recently I just went went a Vented carbon hood and did more logging and believe it or not my ambient temps are now the exact same is my air intake temps. I started this thread in hopes to helping others that might be looking at ways to cooling their FI z. Will post up pics today of the oem bumper trimming..
COSMO is offline   Reply With Quote