View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #114 (permalink)
b15
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 4drz
b15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by italy3541 View Post
It's not ridiculous, as for the tv comment. That's why most stores have price match. If it goes on sale or a competitor sells it for less they reimburse you the difference. As for do I plan to sell the car. Yes I never keep cars long. I'm always buying and selling them. So resale value is important. I planned on keeping this z till the next version came out then buy that. By them dropping the price the way they did it puts anyone who bought their car this year in a huge hole. A hole that was not there when they made the purchase. If u ask most people would you buy this car at that same price knowing that its gonna loose that much value most people would not buy. I understand depreciation and how it works this z is my 36th car. Basicly they changed all the factors of the cars pricing and what it's worth and for those of us who have done a recent purchase took the loss. Which I'm not ok with. So I will do what I can to recoupe what I have lost. As I said before it was a cooperate decision to change the price. Would you go buy a z for $37000 right now? Of course not nobody would. If u had my car for a year or more then I prob wouldn't be as mad. But it's been a few months and I'm not ok with it. U dont have to agree with me on it. But it's how I feel and I will do my best to get what I think is right. I would o into more detail but I'm doing this from my phone at work and its a pain to try n type long responses
Here's my take on this and I'm done after this:

If you buy and resell, why are you buying new and taking the depreciation hit? 36 cars or not, that's not a very good business model. Secondly, yesterday, $37,000 for a Z may have been a good deal. Obviously it isn't today. That's the risk you take. I would be upset too, but you take things to a ridiculous level. Do you sit and second guess every dollar you spend like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by italy3541 View Post
I didn't say price match on a car. He brought up the tv thing so I brought up price match on a tv. Don't twist my words.
I don't think you understand this concept either. Price matching is at the time of purchase or very shortly thereafter. Are you telling me you call up a store months later, after the TV has been in use, and demand price matching if it goes on sale?

Last edited by b15; 07-26-2013 at 12:23 PM.