View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Bking
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 40th Z
Bking is on a distinguished road

UPDATE: After I gave them a horrible survey from Nissan Canada, the service manager contacted me and basically apologized for not telling me that new brakes might take a while to break in, and nearly got me into an accident. And it is normal for new brakes to feel "spongy" in the beginning.

Anyhow, I brought my car in this morning and in 30 mins they told me nothing is wrong. The service manager test drove the car and told me the ABS came on so the brakes are mounted correctly. He told me it can take up to 400-500 km (around 275 miles for you southern folks) in order for the brakes to fully break in. I told him about air in the brake lines but he said they never touched the brake lines when changing the brake pad so that was not possible. Also he mentioned that since my car is "5 speed" I will tend to slow my car by downshifting rather than using my brakes. I told him I use SRM and/or shift to neutral all the time and it hardly slows my car down so that's irrelevant. Finally he told me to give it a week or two to see if there are improvements, if not just bring it back in.

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited by Bking; 07-26-2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Added more details, typo
Bking is offline   Reply With Quote