View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Arrvaxx
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th F.I. Twin Turbo
Arrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSol View Post
I know buying tires suck - theyre expensive as hell and you KNOW theyre not gonna last long, HOWEVER, your expensive sports car, and you, rely on 4 tiny patches of rubber to keep you from dying, so dont cheap out.
My Altima SE-R was the first car I owned that had tires that I had to budget for. Like you OP, I cringed every time. One year I had the same decision to make and bought only two. I figured I could spread the cost out by getting two more the next year (I am in Minnesota and run winter tires half the year).

Issue #1: They stopped production of the new pair so when I went to get another matching set I was SOL. I don't like having non-matching tires, even if they are just a version change. Which brought me to issue #2.

Issue #2: In rain the old and new behaved differently...but at first my driving didn't! Surprise! Haha. Point is, and why I quoted LostSol, is that not only do you have 4 tiny patches of rubber between you and a pile of junk (or worse) but you need to be able to trust that all 4 of those patches act and behave the same in any condition.

...Buy four unless you drive like you own a minivan.
2010 370Z 40th Anniversary (#480 born 1/19/2010)
Fast Intentions Twin Turbo | Varis Arising II | Limited Edition Recaro Sportster | Tuned by Specialty Z | 604hp 525 torque @14lbs boost on 100 octane

Last edited by Arrvaxx; 07-26-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Arrvaxx is offline   Reply With Quote