View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 01:11 AM   #81 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2208 View Post
Thanks. Your experience is useful to me. Well, my goal is to track the car, I don't like drag race actually but track. What I worried is TT Z maybe generate too much heat, even though GTM has good reputation, still an after market kit. I need more opinions to judge it. Of course it should be fine for 1-2 round but what about 3-4? Not sure yet and still waiting for someone's experience.

I drove evo and dc5r before, not heavy mod for both. They are brilliant on the track. But you know, the Z has attracted me somehow, and she is rwd(I drove awd,fwd.), I think I don't need to mention why the Z attracts me obviously you guys knew it.

I dont even know where can I install the GTM kit in australia, hopefully it is not a complicated kit otherwise I am not sure anyone in aus can install it properly.
you can do the GTM TT kit but i would look at others dynos and see their power curve, usually turbos do not have smooth power curves because of the turbo lag(think about it, you're N/A until your turbos start making boost, and when you start making boost, your torque shoots up with your HP)

i personally am a fan of the supercharger kits for our cars because they tend keeps a similar powerband to a stock car since boost matches revs(IE you will not be hitting max boost at low RPM unlike a turbo where its very common to make full boost at low RPMs)

with any FI kit though, you are going to have increased heat, so you want to at the very minimum install an oil cooler(size is dependent on what you do with the car but bigger can be better sometimes) but i would recommend a radiator upgrade on top of the oil cooler if you plan on tracking the car often

i suggest you look into GTM's supercharger kits(stage 1, 1.5, 2 and Twin supercharger) and Stillen's supercharger, honestly take what most people say here with a grain of salt about the stillen kit, everything seems to be over exaggerated imo, i know a few stillen supercharger owners for the 350z/HR/370z(for both cars, the stillen superchargers get ragged on all the tiem) and all of them are very satisfied with the kit and i personally have yet to meet up with someone in person who has had the stillen kit and hated it(all the people i usually meet who hate it have N/A Zs)

Last edited by luigi90210; 07-26-2013 at 01:22 AM.
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote