View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #80 (permalink)
chrischhorn
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Juke Nismo RS
chrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to beholdchrischhorn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr2208 View Post
I dont consider other cars in this range, I like the Z because of the appearance, I don't care how much power she came from stock, what I care is how much power she can generate after tuned. Of course, I have no idea of the GTM quality, I dont want to kill the Z with more than $20k. As long as it's safe, I think people always willing to spend 20k, even more.

If power is not your main goal but tracking is, I personally would upgrade suspension, brakes, brake ducts, oil cooler, diff cooler, wider wheels and tires, new diff, sway bars, etc. and see how much more power you need after that. Make the mods to put the power down before you add the power to see how you like the balance of the car first. If you go FI without the supporting mods first, you're going to hate the Z as a track car. The car has enough traction problems as is. The VLSD will heat pretty quickly and turn into basically an open diff.

R.I.P. 8/01/13 1SlowZ
One day I'll have another....
chrischhorn is offline   Reply With Quote