View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
metalmynx
Base Member

Drives: 13 370Z Sport RED!
metalmynx is on a distinguished road
Default The Z is an a-hole magnet!

A bit of info about myself before I start ranting:

My driving style can best be described as "polite". I don't hot rod around where I live to draw attention to myself, I don't tailgate, and I will always motion someone to go ahead if they look hesitant about pulling out in front of me or if we are at a four way stop. I like to drive fast on the highway, but I will never come up behind someone quickly and act like I'm going to run them off the road if they don't get out of my way NOW. In short, just because I drive a nice car, I don't want to be thought of as a jerk.

Meanwhile, the car seems to be attracting a lot of jerks. Just last night I was making a right onto a road to go to the post office. This guy in an old Porsche came out of nowhere and made the turn with me -he was so close that I swear he was going to drive into my hatch. I put on my turn signal and drove into the post office parking lot and he came in still close on my tail. While I was getting out of my car, he pulled up to the drive up mailboxes near where I was parked to mail a letter. I guess that was his big hurry. I just stood there giving him stink eye till he looked over, then I put my hands up still looking at him like "WTF, buddy?!" His response to this was to loudly rev his engine then screech out of the parking lot. Ooh, your Porsche is better than my Z. Thanks for putting me in my place.

I don't often get tailgated because I'm usually a bit above the speed limit, but every once in a while I get some jackwagon who thinks I should be going faster and wants to push me along. I always just pull over and let them go by, it's not worth the confrontation.

Then there was the guy in the Mustang ahead of me the other day who had to loudly rev his car 60 times at each stop light, while looking in the rear view mirror at me to see if I noticed.

I also get tons of people trying to race me at lights.. whatever! I'm not Danica Patrick, people!

And don't get me started on the junkers that insist on parking next to me even if I park wayyyy far out of the way where no one else is.

Of course, I'm in the Philly area, and there are tons of d-bags here so I have to take that into account. I just wanted to know if anyone else experiences this kind of thing? I swear I didn't have these problems in my old car.
metalmynx is offline   Reply With Quote