View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #66 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
Stock or NA cars aren't really in dire need of this, it's more for the FI guys since we've got a big *** intercooler stuffed in front of the radiator. We don't need to hamper airflow any more than we already have. If it's over 100 and I've been beating on the car and then get stuck in traffic with the ac on full blast, I can get the temp gauge to move a couple of dots. The OEM gauge isn't going to be accurate enough to show anything but a drastic difference. We really need someone with a water temp gauge. DIGI's vents look like they're in the area where I'd think you'd get the most hot air being extracted at speed. He's got access to a thermal cam, so that should let us see airflow at idle. Unfortunately we don't have many options to test airflow at speed other than short pieces of string all over the hood. It works, but it's a pain in the ***.
Can't we live log the coolant temps? Isn't there apps too for iPads and stuff to view everything?