View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #76 (permalink)
olddudesrule
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Nismo
olddudesrule is on a distinguished road

To the OP, the power difference you feel can be quite subjective. Prior to buying my stock Nismo, I chased hp with a 350 hp FFR Cobra, a 550 HP GTS Viper, and lastly a 600hp C7 Z06. The truth of the matter is, the chase gets expensive, and if you really want to play, you will pay. The Z06 was an absolute blast, fast as any street car should be, but if I blew the motor screwing around, it was gonna cost me @ $10-$14K for a new LS7. That little piece of information really kept me from romping on it much (as well as the lack of LE attention I desired).

I never tracked the cars much, so I rarely ever used them to their potential. Sure, it put a big freaking smile on my face every time I hit the start button, but in the end, I decided to go with a "simpler" sports car, with enough power for the road.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you have $$$ to burn, go S/C or TT, but understand that you will, in reality, rarely ever use it's potential unless you track it, and that, in and of itself, is gonna raise your costs substantially. Not trying to be Debbie Downer, just sharing a couple of decades of experience....

Enjoy!
olddudesrule is offline   Reply With Quote