View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #9162 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post

For the record, my ignore list is empty.
Ignore lists are for the weak. I do not say this lightly. If you do not like what someone says, represents, posts, etc., then just put that person on your ignore list. Then you won't have your delicate sensibilities offended by that terrible person and their awful points of view.

Ignore lists serve an additional purpose as well; you never have to rationally analyze your own belief system. If someone posts something that challenges your way of thinking or perhaps creates a bit of cognitive dissonance, then just put that person on your ignore list. Whew!!! Now you don't have to overtax your thinking by either examining your position on that troubling topic or even speak up for your self. Your paradigms remain intact. Good for you!!!

Last, just put an offensive person on your ignore list. Don't bother telling that person what they did to offend or challenge their viewpoint -- that takes thought and a little work. Don't trouble yourself.

I suspect politicians use ignore lists. I won't reveal my political positions by identifying the guilty Party (all Parties do it, but one much more so than others). I don't like what those people say, so let's not listen to them!!! Yay!!! Everything is right with my universe again. Wow -- that was a close call!!! IK almost had to think for a second. The Ignore list allowed me to dodge another bullet. Thanks ignore list!!! You saved me once again!!!

Ignore lists remind me somehow of a little kid who gets in a disagreement during play time. Instead of noodling the situation through to a resolution, the little guy just takes his ball and goes home.

Of course and as always, I have no opinion on this topic.