View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 11:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
The goal is increasing the airflow through the radiator by giving the hot air coming out of the radiator somewhere to go. With no hood vents you tend to just build up pressure in the engine bay and that restricts radiator flow. If you install hood vents in the most wrong way possible, you'll end up pushing cold air *into* the hood through those vents, which will counterintuitively make the car run hotter because you're making the pressure situation worse (because radiator airflow is vastly more important than just stuffing cold air randomly into the bay). A rearward-facing vent that's too close to the windshield can be bad that way, because there's usually a flow of air that rolls under at the base of the windshield and moves forward along the upper part of the hood. Each car is a little different though, and it's hard to say without careful analysis.
Well I've seen a few gtr vents and custom vents and no reports of horrible coolant temp issues so I think we're all good. I mean has anyone here even got their coolant dots over half way? Only thing I've noticed about our car in respect to you saying about the window and air is our car is pretty sealed up. I've never owned a car (which is about 30) that's had so much rubber sealing all the way around it.